- Councils & Commissions
- Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
Photo Credit - Chris Schanz and Andrew Hamil.
- As called
Jacqueline Renteria, City Clerk
818 E. Edison Ave.
Sunnyside, WA 98944
Ph: (509) 836-6310
Fx: (509) 837-3268
- Chair Julia Hart - Elected Official, December 31, 2023
- Vice Chair Peggy Beeler - Lodging Tax Collector, June 30, 2025
- Tom Denlea - Lodging Tax Collector, December 31, 2020
- Amy Rubio (A&A Promotions) - Tax Utilizing Agency, June 30, 2022
- Lindsee Curfman (Sunnyside Rotary Club) - Tax Utilizing Agency, June 30, 2023
The committee is comprised of the following:
- Review grant applications, and requests for proposals, and make recommendations to the City Council regarding the allocation of local lodging tax funds in accordance with RCW 67.28.1817 and Sunnyside Municipal Code 2.50.120.
- Review and comment on any proposed imposition of lodging tax, increase in the rate of lodging tax, repeal of an exemption from lodging tax, or change in the use of revenue received from lodging tax (RCW 67.28.1817).
2023 Request for Proposals - CLOSED
The application review period is now closed and the committee is not reviewing any proposals at this time.